Our History


Ca HistoryThe origins of Chicago Aerosol began in 1966, when an abandoned furniture factory was purchased by DeMert and Dougherty with the intention of filling aerosol products. Over the next 3 decades the plant was expanded and improved to its current size of over 250,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space incorporating three high speed aerosol lines and five liquid filling lines. The site went through several ownership changes until the assets were acquired by a newly formed Chicago Aerosol in the year 2000. The Company was purchased by the individuals who currently own the company in June, 2002.

Old Stock Certificate Low ResOur Bridgeview facility had its roots from Hydrosol Inc., opening a small facility in 1946 in Cicero, Illinois to begin manufacturing paints. They started filling aerosol products in 1966 and moved the aerosol production to a newly constructed 65,000 square foot plant in Bridgeview, Illinois in 1973. Major facility expansions in 1983 and 1988 increased the facility to its current size of over 250,000 square feet. The business was sold to Bridgeview Aerosol in 2006 and Chicago Aerosol subsequently purchased all of the assets of the company in February of 2011.

All of the operations of both facilities have been integrated into one combined system for manufacturing, customer service and accounting. With the two manufacturing facilities at our disposal, Chicago Aerosol is now positioned to serve a diverse group of customers in a broad range of industries.